Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Days 4 & 5

Day 4
Today's Starting Weight: 174.0 lbs
Weight lost to date: 8.5 lbs

Today I am gearing up for a hard few days to come. Tomorrow night is dinner at my boyfriends parents, an altogether a hard night not to eat what the family is eating. Besides the fact that his mom is an amazing cook, I am not entirely ready to divulge the fact that I am "dieting" to the whole clan. I am not ashamed, but being ever-self conscious I don't want to draw attention to the fact that I NEED to diet. I am 100% sure that everyone would be supportive and champion my endeavor, however, that means that they too agree that I am in need of a weight loss regimen. Ouch. I've decided to keep this one under my hat for now and allow myself to deviate from the protocol for only one meal, dinner.  This will mean that on Sunday (Easter) I will eat only dinner comprised of a steak and a large green salad. This is the prescribed protocol for those who go off program even slightly. There is another option, but it is much less appealing to me. This will no doubt make joining my family for Easter Dinner much harder, but I am willing to play the "I'm just not feeling that well" card and eat only the aforementioned steak and salad. Luckily, this in on the menu anyway, my mom makes a great roasted fillet minion that I already can't wait to sink my teeth into. 
Additionally difficult is the lack of scale that I will have access to. My boyfriend does not own one and I have never seen one at his parents. That means that I will go without weighing in most weekends unless I break down and insist that we buy one for his house with our ever growing pile of Bed, Bath & Beyond coupons. Who can say no to a scale when it is 20% off? 

Breakfast
1/2 c. multigrain cheerios
1/2 c. almond milk

Lunch
5 oz. fillet of sole (broiled with lemon slices on top)
1 c. veggie ragu

Dinner
8 oz. lobster (steamed, without butter)
large green salad with veggies (tomatoes and cucumbers) and Walden Farms Dressing

** I was able to find the mother load of Walden Farms Calorie Free dressings and CHOCOLATE DIP at Shoprite in NJ, I have not been able to find any of these products yet in NYC. I will say that the Balsamic vinaigrette that I tried first was really good, but surprisingly a little on the sweet side. I also purchased the calorie free ranch and raspberry vinaigrette. I have not bought the chocolate dip yet, but I am totally getting it next time.

Day 5
Today's Starting Weight: Unknown (did not weigh in)
Weight lost to date: 8.5 lbs

I am hoping this does not backfire in my face! As I mentioned earlier, I am eating breakfast and lunch on protocol and am deviating to eat the dinner that my boyfriends family is preparing...Chicken Enchilladas. Holy mother of all that is good and delicious, these things are freaking amazing. They are so good that it is necessary to make 25 of them at a time to feed a family of 8. Few people can eat more than one at a time, you are truly stuffed after just one creamy, cheesy wrap of baked chickeny goodness.
Breakfast and lunch luckily go according to plan... but apon arrival at the bf's familys house, the 5 layer dip and chips comes out and the Easter baskets are allowed to be dipped into. Here I am in the kitchen watching a hoard of hungry boys devouring the pre dinner goodies and I show amazing self retraint. Two weeks ago, I would have been right in there with them chowing down on some guac and salty chips and washing it down with a few beers (and I wonder why I have a weight problem!), but the new me says "no thank you" and "Yes, I am serious, I am not drinking alcohol for the foreseeable future" to which the hoard begins needling my boyfirend about finding a girlfriend who is not a "communist". "So this is what it's like to have brothers" I think to myself. I am totally used to the family dynamic at this point, and I love every second of it. My boyfriend has a hilarous, chop-busting set of brothers who love eachother in a way I have never seen before, and his parents are so welcoming and loving that it reminds me of my own parents when I was growing up.  
Dinner is ready a little while later and it is worth every ounce of extra hard work I have to put in. The enchilladas don't dissapoint and the rice and beans are spot on. I have one enchillada and about 1/2 c. of the rice and beans. I drink seltzer with dinner and am 100% content with this. The scale will tell the full effect of this meal, and I will accept it without complaint. 

Breakfast
1/2 c. mulitgrain cheerios
1/2 c. skim milk
9 lg. strawberries

Lunch
lg. green salad with vegetabes (cucumbers and tomatoes) w/ walden farms dressing

Dinner
1 chicken enchillada
1/2 c. rice and beans
 

No comments:

Post a Comment